Habitat for Humanity of La Plata County (HFHLPC) serves La Plata County. HFHLPC builds primarily single family homes both as duplex properties and detached homes in community settings.
Habitat for Humanity of La Plata County Home Facts:
- HFHLPC meets or exceeds the national standards of the for-profit building community.
- HFHLPC builds to meet or exceed Energy Star Version 3 standards.
- All HFHLPC homes are built to adequately house the family that has met all our Home Ownership requirements for eligibility. The average costs of the homes range between $160,000 and $185,000; well below the average values of the homes in our community.
- Volunteers and future homeowners partner on Habitat homes to do the carpentry, roofing, siding, interior trim, painting, and landscaping. Habitat usually hires subcontractors for the site and foundation work, HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
- Our homes are thoughtfully designed to maximize the savings in utilities over the long term and reduce maintenance to the homeowner.